30 years experience with computer and business systems on the machines of the major mainframe, mini and PC manufacturers has enabled CHL to develop the following areas of expertise:
- Computer systems specifications (also used as reference for software licensing, for example, a Marketing and Sales database system)
- Computer systems manuals (including computer languages and software tools, for example, Fortran, Algol and COBOL)
- Installation guides (for example, Internet-based Banking and Portfolio Management system, a Help and Internet development tool)
- Company documentation from job contracts, staff handbooks and customer service procedures to terms of business (see Agreements) and compliance procedures (see Sarbanes-Oxley and Procedures and Diagrams).
- Reference cards / documentation (for example, match schedules for a broadcaster)
- Systems training documentation (for example, a construction management system)
Understanding computing and computers is one thing: but writing straightforward, clear descriptions with appropriate illustrations, which can be used in country localization programs, is another. CHL brings independence and impartial advice to what can become a nightmare for the inexperienced.
CHL has produced systems and / or reference documentation for the computer industry, telecommunications and broadcast industries.