Chelverton House Limited (CHL) was a network of independent, senior consultants providing professional consultancy services to corporate clients and small businesses alike. Formed in 1989, it showed itself to be a competitive and effective way of working for the benefit of the clients, providing a mixture of consultancy, communications and training.
The company is now closed and thus links to associate consultants and their related services have been removed from the site.
The former director Stephen Helms is now semi-retired and is now occupied with charitable / non-chargeable activities such as those referred to in 2014 Comments.
More recently I have created a WordPress web site in French & English concerned with the Twinning of a French village with an English village in Wiltshire. (See https://sorigny-comitejumelage.com/welcome/ if interested).
Stephen remains open to projects which may be serviced as a freelance consultant or on a charitable basis. Please use the Contact Form initially to contact him.
Latest Updates 16 February, 2019:
For the latest news of 2017, see News 2017
See also the comments from previous clients:
2014 Comments - Most recent comments
Client comments from Brussels in 2009-2011 and 2007-8.
Client comments on Sarbanes-Oxley, Internet and documentation projects
Client comments on Marketing & Sales, Personal Computing / CHL Web Shop Sales
Delegate comments from Compliance Training in Ireland in 2006
Typically CHL consultants had twenty or more years experience in business and retained their independence while maintaining professional contacts and working in CHL or client project teams. Tasks are not delegated to juniors - we put our experience back into your business with your staff. We do not operate from expensive, city centre offices so overheads are minimized enabling us to be very competitive. Consequently we have been able to provide successful project work in places as diverse as Seoul, London, Paris, Dublin, Brussels and Bristol (see banner above).
CHL provides the wide range of services described below. For more details just click on the buttons on the left or the links below:
- Technical writing / technical authoring
- Copy writing / journalism
- Format and design of templates
- Selection of documentation & image tools
- On screen systems / web sites (online Help, Intranet and Internet, Training, Videos)
- Paper documentation (documents for printing & publishing, Acrobat PDF files, quality documents, procedures, product specifications, agreements, training)
- Single-sourcing (Developing quality source documents which can be used for paper or on screen production)
- Compact Disks (educational, informational, entertaining)
(Click the links)
- Information Technology (see IT)
- Research & implementation
- Marketing & Sales (see Marketing)
- Business proposals