Chelverton House Training
Training is an essential and integral part of everyone's daily life - we all need and receive guidance and practice in all our activities both at home and at work. In the work context it is a normal management responsibility to show staff how and what needs to be done. Clearly however, managers cannot be expected to either know all the appropriate detail or have the time to spend with each individual in the team. So, the practical solution is for a third party to provide the consistent and thorough training in line with the manager's and employee's expectations. The training solution may be tutorial, a formal course or occasional consultations to assist with specific problems but always with one key element: following the training, the trainee can understand or perform tasks that were not previously possible.
CHL training courses included introductions to mainframe and PC computing and software, programming and systems development, interpersonal skills, job search, interviewing, management and consulting skills and accounting principles. Special courses are developed for clients introducing computer systems to non-computing staff. CHL can also provide packaged training for organizations to undertake their own training.
CHL consultants all had over twenty years experience and enjoyed their role in transferring their practical skills to managers and staff in client organizations. "Putting experience back into business" is a phrase that sums up much of the consultancy and training work performed by CHL since starting operations in 1989.
CHL training reflects the range of skills and disciplines of our consultants and is in the main areas listed below.
Some of the titles of CHL courses are shown in this web site and for each there was a detailed course specification providing details of the intended audience, duration, the sessions and exercises or case study.
Training Video: One of the most effective and inexpensive ways to provide ongoing training for valuable staff is to provide it online on your own Intranet.
CHL has invested considerable effort in using some of the latest tools to produce educational / training videos. These are short (2-10 minutes) new or refresher videos focused on topics that staff may well have introduced or learned at some point, but if not used or not used regularly demand a quick refresher.
CHL Technical Author / Technical Writer training included these Technical Author / Writer Training courses:
- Essential Skills for Technical Writers
- Essential Skills Tutorial for Banking Technical Writers
- HDK Basic & Advanced Training
- XDK Basic Training
Experience with all the major mainframe, mini and PC manufacturers enabled us to develop the following areas of particular expertise:
- Information technology
- In-house applications
- Software House applications
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Data Analysis
- Structured Programming
- COBOL Programming
- Help Authoring Tools for Help, Intranet and Internet systems development (see PC Training)
- Skills for technical writers
- PC Skills (see PC Training)
CHL provided training for an exhibition company, banking, insurance and pharmaceutical organizations, the World Cup broadcaster and a number of software houses.
Being an authorized reseller of mainstream PC hardware and software meant we kept up to date with all the latest changes and versions of Lotus, Microsoft, Sage and WordPerfect systems, together with the hardware from AST, IBM, Hewlett Packard and Viglen. Training tutorials and courses included:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Corel Ventura
- Corel WordPerfect Office (WordPerfect, Presentations)
- JASC Image Robot, Paint Shop Pro and Animation Shop
- Lotus SmartSuite (123, Freelance, WordPro)
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio) [See Microsoft Office]
- Ulead Gif Animator and Visual Studio
- Virtual Media / Republicorp Hypertext Development Kit (HDK) [See HDK Training]
- Virtual Media / Republicorp XDK Training [See XDK Basic Training]
- Visio 2007
- Windows and your PC
Restructuring, flattening of organizations and empowerment of staff has meant that the typical manager faces more challenges with greater responsibilities than ever. These courses provided essential management skills that helped clients stay in command:
- Introduction to Information TechnologyProject Planning & Control
- Basic Accounting principles
- Financial Accounting Team Building
- Interpersonal Skills - Transactional Analysis
- Client Management
- Appraisal Techniques
- Outplacement / Career Planning
Sales / Personal Training
Here is a selection of some essential personal and sales skills training which were available from CHL:
- Basic Selling
- Presentation and reporting
- Job Search
- Consultancy skills
Your organisation may have developed its own manual and computer systems which existing and new staff need to learn. CHL will build and deliver training and documentation to ensure that your in-house systems are used and effective.
Simply, CHL undertakes:
- Consultancy to identify the training needs
- Training development to build the courseware
- On-site presentation to deliver the course
- Training of trainers to take over