Documentation is a major link across all areas of CHL work through the creation and maintenance of almost every type of documentation you may require either on screen, on paper or on Disk.
CHL Documentation Services
Documentation is an essential and integral part of everyone's daily business life - we all need information about the organization’s policy and procedures, about the products and services it provides, about the equipment, the computer hardware and software or services we are using. Equally, we need to communicate our work to our colleagues and clients alike. So, the practical solution is for a third party to provide the consistent, professional support in the development of the wide range of document types now possible.
The documentation solution may be a reference book written to the organization’s standards, a tutorial, new training and presentation materials or on-screen documents, on-screen help for computer systems or Web pages for Internet or Intranet solutions or a compact disk for off-line browsing. Often, business managers and software suppliers are providing printable documentation in the form of Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) files and videos on CD. The user prints only those pages required and the supplier reduces print costs and hopefully benefits the environment. In addition, the user can see and hear the presentation he may have missed by being elsewhere on business or holiday.
CHL has focussed on understanding the market for and the use of specialist tools to enable professional communicators to produce a quality documentation product in the form required by the subject’s ‘owner’. The ‘owner’ here is the business manager, product manager or other subject matter expert (SME) in the organization responsible for providing the product, service or report.
Typically CHL consultants have over twenty years experience and enjoy their role in completing a successful project and transferring their practical skills to managers and staff in client organizations. "Putting experience back into business" is a phrase that sums up much of the consultancy and documentation work performed by CHL since starting operations in 1989.
CHL documentation reflects the range of skills and disciplines of our consultants.
See the Documentation subsections listed in the menu on the left.
Recent projects include:
Documentation Consultant for air route charging system
- Analysis of existing main and associated systems (Business Objects, Integrated Recovery System, Microsoft Office, CFMU, JP Fleets and so on)
- Review of earlier version of documentation
- Interviews and development of Word source document in Word 2000 / Word 2007 & Windows 7. Charts and screen shots with Visio 2007 and PhotoShop CS2.
- Conversion to SharePoint Foundation 2010 Wiki.
Communications Management for a European organization including:
- Portal and IT Network announcements through Intranet & E-mail
- New web site information architecture, design, launch and maintenance using Interwoven TeamSite
- Training videos for Word, Excel, Outlook and TeamSite using Ulead Video Studio and Camtasia
- PowerPoint presentations including six with voice overs for the management teams
- Development of significant documents (Business Plans, Annual Reports, Project Management)
- Translation / writing / editing sensitive e-mails
Compliance training and documentation
- Technical Writing training course in Ireland
- Online compliance content development including video and audio in Ireland.
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance documentation and training for a number of clients in the UK and Europe.
Web sites, help systems and related documentation
- Web sites for touring in Egypt and Sicily and walking holidays, fine foods and wines, dentistry.
- Administration and user guides for a US online learning platform.
- Corporate support projects for banking and transport clients using HDK, Word and XDK.
- Structure, design and editing of an €8M Euro proposal for a mobile private network (MVPN) and circuit switched session control (CSSC).
- Design and development of Concepts Guide, Reference Manual and User Guide for new search system based on Bayesian Statistics (using Word, Acrobat and XDK).
- Conversion of documentation for Swiss-owned Regulatory Drug Safety database into single source document for print and Intranet publication.
- Development of the web site, corporate CD and press material for the host broadcasting organization of the 2002 FIFA World Cup
- Development of standard templates for:
- Word for internal documents, forms and press kits
- PowerPoint for presentations
- HDK for a new website
- Single-source Online help and Printable User guide for Administrators of an Internet-based Banking and Portfolio Management system and its Installation Guide for a French software house (see Single Source).
- Information Mapped text for a French, database-driven proposal generation system for an American journal subscription organization.
- €20M Business Plans 2007 and 2008 for the IT department of a major European organization
See also Business Proposals.
Conversions & other documentation
- Development of HTML Help system for an Internet-based supply chain management system
- Other projects include:
- Writing major systems specifications and user guides
- context-sensitive on-screen help
- job descriptions
- training and sales presentation materials and corporate literature.
See also Latest News